Even in the blockchain world, personal communication often works better than any other channel. Your own event is an opportunity to bring together your community, investors, partners and advisors, as well as those who can potentially turn into ones. It is a way to show transparency and to boost trust.
How do I do it?
- You can tie an event to achieving an important milestone – a successful pre-sale, launch of an alpha, etc. A meetup will get some extra attention to your achievement. However, you don’t have to wait for a milestone to happen.
- Despite a common opinion, a meetup won’t require a big budget, especially if compared to the other ICO costs.
- It’s good if you can host a meetup in your office, even if it’s a coworking or an accelerator space. It will create a right atmosphere and allow to avoid extra expenses.
- Try to balance official and networking parts. The second one, as you might have guessed, is often even more important.
- Set some internal goals for your event and evaluate the effectiveness. Think how you can scale it up and use it during the road shows.