SEO is often overlooked when putting together an ICO campaign. It’s a shame, really! Basic search engine optimisation will help your ICO landing page to be found in Google in no time.
Where to start
Do a simple keyword research. Consider the crypto terms (ICO, token, blockchain, crypto, etc.) and your project-specific terms (breakdown of your key products and tech).
Run them through Google Keyword Planner or any free tool to get search volumes. The ones with the highest numbers are the ones to go for.
Where to use keywords
- Meta tags on your landing pages. Every single one of them should have a unique meta title (up to 60 characters), meta description (up to 160 characters) and relevant H1s.
- Alt text for your images. If you feature your team photos, consider adding their names accompanied by the position.
- Page copy. Don’t overstuff the copy with keywords, but have all the necessary terms in place.
What else to consider
- Use your keywords as hashtags in your social media communications.
- Add them in descriptions of your social media channels.
- When posting paid articles in media, use the keywords as anchor texts to link back to your website.